Dorchester Thanksgiving Parade
Saturday, October 10, 2015
Don’t miss out on the fun!
- The theme this year is “Yesteryears and New Frontiers”
- Decorating of the float will take place at Patrick Crinklaw’s farm the evening before the fair (October 9th) – exact time TBD
- Players wanting to ride on the float are encouraged to dress as farmers in overalls and younger players could dress as farm animals
- Players that would not like to dress up can wear the older yellow jerseys or their own Dorchester Ringette Association sweatshirts
- The Parade leaves the arena parking lot, Saturday, October 10th at 10:30 am. Players and parents walking/riding on the float need to be at the ball diamond parking lot at the arena by 8:30 a.m. – judging takes place at 8:45a.m.
- Each player on the float is asked to provide a bag of candy to be handed out during the parade
- All parent volunteers should help monitor the amount of candy being handed out so that we don’t run out before we get the Byron Ave – there is always a huge mass of people in this section
- All players U12 age and younger must ride on the float. U16 players and parents are the only ones allowed to walk and hand out candy. If there are no U16 players participating then we can look at having a few U12 girls hand out candy
- Parents must meet the float at the end of the parade route ASAP to pick up their child
- The parent volunteers must stay at this location (at the Dorchester Fairgrounds) until all children have been picked up
- Any parents that have donated the use of decorations/costumes must coordinate with the parent volunteers to pick up their items right after the parade (whether that is at the Fairgrounds or back at the arena parking lot)
Any questions or if you would like to get involved in helping decorate the float please contact Trish Crinklaw.